If you are a self-funded international student from a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), after you have applied and been offered a place on a course, you will need to pay a tuition fee deposit of £1,500 before we can issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number. You need a CAS number in order to make your visa application.
If you are starting a course with us in September 2021 you must provide us with your tuition fee deposit by 31 August 2021.
You can pay your tuition fee deposit online or by using the bank transfer service partnered with Western Union, which allows you to pay in your local currency.
You don't need to pay the tuition fee deposit if:
- you are fully sponsored by the UK government, your home government ministry, the British Council or any international organisation, international company or university
- you do not require sponsorship under the student visa route i.e. a CAS to study in the UK
- you are in receipt of a US Federal loan
- you are a University of Brighton pre-sessional student
- you are a University of Brighton alumnus
- you are a University of Brighton International College alumnus.
Students whose ability to take up study at Brighton is disrupted as a result of COVID-19 will have their deposits refunded in full.
For further details, please see our tuition fee deposit refund policy.