COVID-19 is disrupting exams and English language testing across the world. For 2021 entry, we have expanded the number of qualifications we are able to accept. If you have, or are sitting, one of the qualifications listed here then you do not need to take an IELTS test, even if we asked you to do so in your offer. Please let us know and send a copy of your results.
- English language, English literature, or English language and literature A-levels at grade D or above, if taken within three years of the start of the course.
- UK international colleges language tests, subject to being awarded from an accredited institution and at the CEFR B2 minimum levels required.
- Combined IELTS scores and TOEFL iBT MyBest scores provided all tests meet the two-year validity period.
- Foundation/pre-sessional and pre-masters courses from other UK universities so long as they were achieved in the 2020–21 academic year.
- A bachelors or masters degree from an accredited university in the UK or a Home Office majority English-speaking country that meets our validity policy.
- TOEFL iBT At Home test – check the TOEFL website for more information about which countries are operating this test and the test eligibility.
- IELTS Indicator home-based test – check the IELTS Indicator website for more information about which countries are operating this test and the test eligibility.
- Duolingo Test of English – we are only able to accept Duolingo for a select number of courses starting in January or February 2021. Duolingo will not be accepted for general September 2021 entry and applicants will require a qualification from the above list.
If you need additional English language training our pre-sessional courses will be delivered online this year.
Additionally, we will soon be confirming details of our online test for students who need English language assessment but not training.
All qualifications are subject to our normal admissions checks and the above is only a summary and not a guarantee that your qualification will definitely be accepted. Contact the enquiries and admissions team for more support and guidance.
We will continue to accept the standard English language qualifications detailed below. Providers are working hard to find alternative ways for students to sit the tests. Check directly with them for updates on these options.