To request a CAS number for the University of Brighton, you need to have been made an unconditional offer and firmly accepted it.
The link to the University of Brighton CAS questionnaire will appear in Student View, under the Visa information tab. Please complete the questionnaire in full, upload copies of all required documents and click submit when you are finished.
If you're a self-funded student applying before 11 August, you must also have paid the international tuition fee deposit.
We will issue you with a CAS number for the University of Brighton if you meet all of the requirements below:
- You must meet the UK Home Office requirements for English language ability
Unless you meet one of the approved exemptions, you must have a valid English language qualification that is equivalent to:
- a minimum of level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) if you will be studying a course at degree-level and above (eg. bachelors, masters, extended masters, Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate, Doctorate).
- a minimum of level B1 CEFR if you will be studying a course at below degree-level (eg. foundation degree, pre-sessional English course), which must be in the form of a Secure English Language Test (SELT).
For a list of the approved exemptions, SELTs and further information please visit Home Office website - knowledge of English the Home Office website - knowledge of English.
- You must meet the Home Office requirements for academic progression
If you have already studied in the UK on a student visa (whether the course has been completed or not), your new course of study must represent academic progression from your previous study; it must be at a higher academic level than your previous UK course.
For more information about academic progression, please visit the Home Office website.
- You must meet the Home Office requirements on maximum time spent studying in the UK on a Student visa
Unless you meet one of the approved exemptions, your course at the University of Brighton must not lead you to exceed the maximum time limit for study within the UK on a Student visa:
- You must not spend more than a total of five years studying at degree-level and above on a Student visa.
- You must not spend more than a total of three years studying at below degree-level on a Student visa.
For a list of the approved exemptions and for more information, please visit the Home Office website.
- You must have paid the £1,500 University of Brighton international tuition fee deposit (unless you are exempt).
The total deposit must also have cleared by the university’s finance department. For information about how to pay your deposit visit University of Brighton - how to pay your fees.