If you are from the European Union and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
Students from the EU choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- We are ranked 11 in the UK for education studies (The Times Good University Guide 2014).
- We offer pre-registration nursing and midwifery students the chance to experience nursing and midwifery in another country.
- Accredited law courses delivered by nationally and internationally experienced lawyers and with work placements that prepare you for professional practice.
- Brighton is ranked 19 in the country for our engineering degrees (The Complete University Guide 2015).
- All Computer science degrees are designed to prepare students for professional practice and provide for continuing professional development.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from the EU to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Degree preparation courses at the International College
If you complete your pathway course at the International College at the required level, you are guaranteed entry to a degree at the University of Brighton. Available degree subject areas include accounting and finance, art and design, business management, international hospitality management, law with business, international event management, and many more.
Find out more about the pathway courses on offer at the University of Brighton International College.
English language preparation courses at our Language Centre
The University of Brighton Centre for Academic English Language Development provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Students from the EU are eligible for the University of Brighton International Scholarship.
The best thing about living in Brighton is its tolerance and diversity. I have not felt this welcome in any other city in Europe.
As a melting pot of different cultures Brighton is one of the most interesting and colourful cities in England and Europe.
I consider myself honoured to have interacted closely with so many exceptional lecturers and such a dynamic and exciting group of young students, which really differentiates the University of Brighton.
Jovica Breberina, Germany
Marketing (Branding and Communication) MSc