The Falmer campus is approximately seven kilometres from Brighton city centre. Car parking on campus is limited and a parking permit is required to park on the site. Permits are only given to drivers who can demonstrate that car travel is essential.
- From the A23:
At the Mill Road roundabout, as you approach Brighton take the left-hand lane signposted Newhaven, Lewes (A27). At the mini roundabout take the second exit (straight over). At the next mini roundabout take the second exit (right) onto the A27 eastbound. Take the exit signposted universities and Falmer (passing the University of Sussex on the left) and turn right at the roundabout. Go over the flyover, straight on at the next roundabout and then take the first right down Village Way.
- From the A27 eastbound:
Follow the directions above from point two, bearing in mind you are already on the A27 heading towards Lewes.
- From the A27 westbound:
Take the slip road signposted Falmer, Rottingdean and Universities (B2124) and at the roundabout turn left. Take the first right down Village Way.
There are now two bus companies running in the Brighton area, with a range of affordable fares and discount deals:
- The Big Lemon runs a free shuttle service between our Brighton campuses for students and staff presenting their UniCard.
- The Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company runs services across the city, with tickets for limited services running past our Brighton campuses and a discount for NUS card holders on all services. Tickets can be bought from bus drivers, online and on mobile phone apps. NUS tickets must be bought from 1 Stop Travel on North Street or at campus shops.
Cycle lanes run between Falmer and the city centre.
Cycle lanes run from the city centre along the A270 Lewes Road to Falmer. Cycle stands monitored by CCTV are provided on each campus.
Falmer railway station is a short walk from the campus, Moulsecoomb is one stop away and Brighton mainline station three stops away.
- There are up to four trains an hour from Moulsecoomb to Falmer (four minutes' journey time), two an hour direct to Eastbourne (35 minutes' journey time) and regular direct and connecting services to Hastings (70 minutes' average journey time).
- Visit the National Rail Enquiries website for timetables and passenger information.
- All buildings on campus : Village Way, BN1 9PH
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) : University of Sussex, BN1 9PX
BSMS buildings are situated on both university sites in Falmer and at the Audrey Emerton Centre in central Brighton.
BSMS is based in Mayfield House at the University of Brighton Falmer campus.
BSMS buildings at the University of Sussex include the BSMS Teaching Building, BSMS Medical Research Building, the Clinical Imaging Sciences Centre and the Trafford Centre.