- From London: Eastbourne can be reached by road via the M25, A22 and then the A2270.
- From Brighton and the east (A259): Visitors travelling east on the A259 should turn right on to Warren Hill/Beachy Head Road (signposted) for main sites which are individually signed at the Carlisle Road/Darley Road crossroads. Those travelling to Leaf Hospital should go straight on and turn right on to Upperton Road towards the town centre. If travelling on the A27 then use the A2270 (old A22) into Eastbourne. Road signs to the university start on the large (Willingdon) roundabout. These will take you into the town centre via Upperton Road. If visiting Leaf Hospital you will be directed left at traffic lights close to Eastbourne station.
- From the west (A259/A27): Visitors travelling west on the A259 should ignore A22 Eastbourne town centre signs and continue on to the large roundabout at the end of the Polegate by-pass then take the A2270.
For university sites it is best to travel into Eastbourne via the A2270 and not the Polegate bypass.
If visiting Hillbrow/Welkin or Darley Road sites you will be directed right on a mini roundabout by Eastbourne station, along Grove Road and on to Meads Road, then Beachy Head Road.
- If you require the Hillbrow/Welkin site, turn right off Meads Road up Carlisle Road (sign posted).
- For the Darley Road site, continue on the Meads Road and on to Beachy Head Road (straight on at two mini roundabouts) and then left into Darley Road (signposted).
- National Express coaches depart for Eastbourne from London Victoria coach station three times a day.