We review our accommodation allocation policy annually, details for 2018 will be confirmed in the New Year. Accommodation applications open in March 2018.
We offer all eligible first year students university-managed or university-arranged accommodation in either Brighton or Eastbourne.
The key eligibility criteria for UK and EU students are:
- apply through UCAS by 15 January
- make Brighton your firm choice
- apply for university accommodation by the deadline we tell you about
- live in an eligible postcode area.
Other types of eligibility criteria include:
- Postcode areas – these are reviewed each year. Details will be confirmed when students start to apply and we start to make offers
- Students who are under 18 on 1 September 2018
- Students who are care leavers
- Estranged students and students with medical conditions are also considered on an individual basis even if they don’t meet other eligibility criteria
Living at home
In 2017 students living in East and West Sussex postcodes were not eligible for an offer of university-managed or arranged accommodation at the start of the academic year. A number of our students chose to live at home, or outside Brighton or Eastbourne and commute.
Unizone discounted rail travel is available on the coastal line between Chichester and Eastbourne and the Brighton and Hove Bus Company covers network extends beyond the city to Shoreham, Eastbourne, Lewes, Uckfied and also offers good student discounts.
Please note that we reserve the right to offer Brighton-based students university-managed accommodation on our campus in Eastbourne.