The flexible structure of our MBA programme allows you to specialise in the areas that interest you and your career aspirations.
Why study an MBA
Successfully completing an MBA can lead to a better salary, improved professional reputation and a large network of business contacts.
After completing their course, MBA graduates gained salary increases of between 44% and 182%
Organisations are increasingly looking to recruit employees with MBAs, or use MBAs to develop existing staff to the benefit of the organisation.
Some key statistics on MBA employment from the 2018 Graduate Management Admission Council report.
- The average consultancy sector starting salary for MBA graduates is $150,000
- 81% of companies plan to hire MBA graduates in 2018 (Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), 2018)
- MBA hiring demand is strongest among companies in the health care, technology, and energy/utilities industries (Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), 2018)
- Start-up companies have increased their MBA hiring rate by 22% since 2017
The Brighton MBA is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). All graduates have the opportunity to gain dual awards - both an MBA and a CMI Level 7 Strategic Diploma in Management and Leadership.
You will also benefit from free membership of the Institute of Directors (IoD). Together, these awards make a powerful statement about your standards and determination to continue to develop your management skills.
Membership of these bodies also provides you access to their online resources and regular networking opportunities with other members of these professional bodies.
Our partnership with professional associations helps to keep the Brighton MBA relevant to the needs of today's business practitioners.
Today’s businesses and organisations benefit from the ability to function in a global economy.
The emphasis of our MBA programme is on practical experience which is emphasised throughout the curriculum and by the tutor led industrial study visits which provide an opportunity to experience real live cases and meet managers while carrying out a consultancy project for their organisations.
The structure of the programme means that full-time students will join with other students studying part-time, giving you an intensive learning experience, enabling you to engage with UK and international managers also undertaking the Brighton MBA, Leadership MBA or Leadership MBA Degree Apprenticeship.
Flexible study options
You can choose to take this course either full-time, part-time, online or a combination of online and taught (blended learning). When studying in the block format, modules can be taken in any order to suit your interests, apart from the final module.
You can also choose to start your MBA in January or September.
Benefits to the organisation
- Increases a company’s capacity to develop and support its leaders, leading to improved performance.
- Builds the competencies of employees for greater contribution and impact on the organisation and its goals.
- Supports talent development and enhances career opportunities.
- Gives the employee a greater appreciation of the global workings of their organisation.
- Nurtures fresh insights through reflection with peers in other industries.