If you are from Australia and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
Students from Australia choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Accredited law courses delivered by nationally and internationally experienced lawyers and with work placements that prepare you for professional practice.
The university has an active partnership with Flinders University and Kenvale College for student exchange and student progression for certain courses.
Many alumni are connected by their membership of the University of Brighton Alumni Association.
Meet us in Australia
We do not currently have any scheduled visits to Australia.
If you have any questions, please message our International team who will be happy to help.
Meet our international representatives
We have a number of registered and approved representatives in Australia. They can help you with information about the university and the UK, and assist you with your application.
IAE Edu Net
Tel: +61 2 9267 5252
Fax: +61 2 9267 5250
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Australia to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
We require a High School Certificate (specific state qualifications named below) and an appropriate ATAR score of at least 80.00 or an Overall Position (Queensland) of 10.
- Capital Territory: Australia Capital Territory Year 12 Certificate
- New South Wales: Higher School Certificate (HSC)
- Northern Territory: Pre 2012 Northern Territory Certificate of Education (NTCE, Post 2012 Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET)
- Queensland: Pre 2009 Queensland Senior Certificate, Post 2009 Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)
- South Australia: Post 1984 South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)
- Tasmania: Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE)
- Victoria: Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
- Western Australia: Western Australia Certificate of Education (WACE)
(apart from Queensland)
We require a four year bachelor (honours) degree.
|Australian degree classification||Alternative name||English translation or equivalent|
|Second Class (Upper Division)
||Division A or Division 1
|Second Class (Lower Division)
||Division B or Division 2
English language requirements
Find out more about our English language requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Degree preparation courses at the International College
If you complete your pathway course at the International College at the required level, you are guaranteed entry to a degree at the University of Brighton. Available degree subject areas include accounting and finance, art and design, business management, international hospitality management, law with business, international event management, and many more.
Find out more about the pathway courses on offer at the University of Brighton International College.
English language preparation courses at our Language Centre
The University of Brighton Centre for Academic English Language Development provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Immigration and visas
Generally, prior entry clearance (i.e. a visa) is required for students coming from Australia. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Australia, contact the UK Border Agency.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Australia.
Students from Australia are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships: