If you are from Mauritius and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
Students from Mauritius choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Accounting courses are recognised as an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) gold tuition provider.
- All computer science degrees are designed to prepare students for professional practice and provide for continuing professional development.
- Accredited law courses delivered by nationally and internationally experienced lawyers and with work placements that prepare you for professional practice.
The university has an active partnership with the Mauritius Institute of Education for the Education MA course.
Many alumni are connected by their membership of the University of Brighton Alumni Association to enhance other connections with each other in Mauritius, in the United Kingdom and around the world.
We do not currently have any scheduled visits to Mauritius.
If you have any questions, please message our International team who will be happy to help.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Mauritius to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Degree preparation courses at the International College
If you complete your pathway course at the International College at the required level, you are guaranteed entry to a degree at the University of Brighton. Available degree subject areas include accounting and finance, art and design, business management, international hospitality management, law with business, international event management, and many more.
Find out more about the pathway courses on offer at the University of Brighton International College.
English language preparation courses at our Brighton Student Skills Hub
The Brighton Student Skills Hub provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Immigration and visas
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie a visa) is required for students coming from Mauritius. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Mauritius, contact the UK Home Office.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Mauritius.
Students from Mauritius are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships:
Since graduating I have been promoted to senior lecturer in the English Department at the Mauritius Institute of Education.
I enjoyed my course and particularly enjoyed working with University of Brighton academics.
Dr Ishwardeo Dhoowooah