If you are from Switzerland and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
There are currently 4 students and 82 alumni of the university who are from Switzerland. Students from Switzerland choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. You can become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- We are ranked 17 in the UK for our building degrees.
We do not currently have any scheduled visits to Switzerland, however, if you would like to meet us please contact us at email@example.com
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Switzerland to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
We require a Federal Secondary School Leaving Certificate, which in different areas of the country is referred to as:
- (French-speaking) Certificat de Maturité / Certificat de Maturité Cantonal reconnu par la Confédératio
- (German-speaking) Maturität / Eidgenössisch anerkanntes kantonales Maturitätszeugnis
- (Italian-speaking) Attestato di Maturità / Attestato di Maturità Cantonale riconosciuto dalla Confederazione.
||Comparable offer (1–6 max)
||Comparable offer (1–10 max)
||Comparable offer (5–1 max)
||Corresponding subject grades
||A = 6 / 10 / 1
||B = 5 / 8 / 2
||C = 4 / 6 / 3
We require a Diplom/Diplôme; Lizentiat/Licence; Staatsdiplom/Diplôme d'Etat OR a Fachhochschule Diplom (FH)/Hautes Écoles Specialisées Diplôme OR a bachelor degree (post-2001).
|Grade (1-6 scale)
||Grade (1–5 scale)
||Grade (1–10 scale)
||English translation or equivalent
||Very good = 1st
||Good = 2:1
||Fair/Pass = 2:2
English language equivalency
We will not accept a Swiss English language qualification as meeting our minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Academic preparation courses at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College courses offers guaranteed progression to degree courses at the university.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College. Let us know if you would like to speak with other students from Switzerland.
English language preparation courses at our Language Institute
The University of Brighton Language Institute provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Students from Switzerland are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships:
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry.