If you are from Switzerland and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
Students from Switzerland choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. You can become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced professors who share real world knowledge with students.
We do not currently have any scheduled visits to Switzerland.
If you have any questions, please message our International team who will be happy to help.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Switzerland to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
We require a Federal Secondary School Leaving Certificate, which in different areas of the country is referred to as:
- (French-speaking) Certificat de Maturité / Certificat de Maturité Cantonal reconnu par la Confédératio
- (German-speaking) Maturität / Eidgenössisch anerkanntes kantonales Maturitätszeugnis
- (Italian-speaking) Attestato di Maturità / Attestato di Maturità Cantonale riconosciuto dalla Confederazione.
|A-level||Comparable offer (1–6 max)||Corresponding subject grades|
||A = 5
||B = 4.5
||C = 4
We require a Diplom/Diplôme; Lizentiat/Licence; Staatsdiplom/Diplôme d'Etat OR a Fachhochschule Diplom (FH)/Hautes Écoles Specialisées Diplôme OR a bachelor degree (post-2001).
|Grade (1-6 scale)||Grade (1–5 scale)||Grade (1–10 scale)||German||French||Italian||English translation or equivalent|
||Very good = 1st
||Good = 2:1
||Fair/Pass = 2:2
English language requirements
We will not accept a Swiss English language qualification as meeting our minimum English language proficiency requirements. Find out more about our English language requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Degree preparation courses at the International College
If you complete your pathway course at the International College at the required level, you are guaranteed entry to a degree at the University of Brighton. Available degree subject areas include accounting and finance, art and design, business management, international hospitality management, law with business, international event management, and many more.
Find out more about the pathway courses on offer at the University of Brighton International College.
English language preparation courses at our Language Institute
The University of Brighton Language Institute provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Students from Switzerland are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships: