Students starting their course in January 2024 or September 2024
If you are starting your course with us in January 2024 or September 2024 a deposit of £5,000 is required to be paid for the university to issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number.
You will need to pay your remaining tuition fees either in full at the start of your course, or in two instalments, by the deadlines below:
If you are starting your course with us in January 2024 the deadlines for the two instalments will be:
- 50% of fee by 28 February 2024
- Remaining balance to be paid by 31 May 2024.
If you are starting your course with us in September 2024 the deadlines for the two instalments will be:
- 50% of fee by end 31 October 2024
- Remaining balance to be paid by 31 January 2025.
Fully or partially officially sponsored international students
If a third party sponsor is paying your fees, you should provide their invoicing details via Student View. A scanned copy of a financial guarantee will be acceptable.
Sponsors should ensure that student fees are paid in full by 1 November of the relevant academic year, or within four weeks of the student’s course start date if this is later than 1 November.
As a student you remain ultimately responsible for the payment of your tuition fees, including where a sponsorship agreement has been approved (see the Student Contract).
You don't need to pay the tuition fee deposit if:
- you are fully sponsored by the UK government, your home government, the British Council or any international organisation, international company or university
- you are in receipt of the Norwegian Lånekassen funding
- you are in receipt of Swedish CSN funding
- you do not require Student visa sponsorship ie a CAS to study in the UK
- you hold a full scholarship such as a Chevening or University of Brighton full fee scholarship
- you are in receipt of a US Federal loan
- you are a progressing University of Brighton International College student
- you are a University of Brighton alumnus
- you are in receipt of a DfE postgraduate teaching bursary or scholarship.
What is included in the fees
Mandatory requirements for your course are covered by the tuition fees. These include things such as health or criminal record checks, specialist materials and mandatory field trips.
Optional field trips, accommodation and course materials are not included in the tuition fees and you will need to pay for these yourself. Please contact the school that delivers your course about possible extra costs before you apply.