About these scholarships
The deadline for 2024–25 entry is midday 7 November 2023
Chevening scholarships are awarded by the UK government to students from overseas Chevening-eligible countries or territories.
They are for talented people who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion and academia.
Most scholars undertake a one year masters degree.
The programme is mainly funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, with some contributions from higher education institutions and other partners in the UK.
These scholarships are for high-calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership. Applicants should be:
- Motivated to make a career that will take them to positions of leadership in their own country within ten years of their scholarship
- Able to use their studies and experience in the UK to benefit themselves, their countries and the UK
- Natural influencers and talented communicators, with energy and ambition
- People who value networking and who can demonstrate the value of networks to their studies, and to bringing about change on a global level
- Intelligent, with demonstrable academic potential
- Strong characters with integrity, drive and the ability to self manage and work independently
Who is eligible
To be eligible to apply, you must:
Please check Chevening website for full criteria.
- British citizens are not eligible to apply.
- Employees of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (including British Embassies and High Commissions), the British Council, or a co-sponsor or sponsoring UK university (or their relatives); former employees who left such employment within the past two years.
- People who have already received financial benefit from an HMG-funded award.
For full details of other exceptions, please visit Chevening website for details.
The University of Brighton does not accept direct applications for the Chevening Scholarship. Instead, students should apply for the scholarship on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website www.chevening.org.
Application deadline: Midday 7 November 2023.