About this bursary
This bursary is for students starting their course in September 2018, who are not care leavers, but who are under 25 and permanently out of contact with their parent(s), who are normally resident in England and have been assessed as eligible to receive full funding from Student Finance England.
|Payment details for this bursary||Every year of study|
|University of Brighton bursary
|Estranged student's bursary
You do not need to repay this bursary.
Students on part-time courses who meet the eligibility criteria will receive a pro rata bursary. Eligibility criteria apply.
The estranged student bursary will be paid in two instalments: the first at the beginning of term and the second on 2 May.
Eligibility and application
Who is eligible?
You are eligible for the estranged student bursary if you:
- are studying full-time or part-time undergraduate course
- are aged 25 years or under
- are permanently out of contact with your parent(s)
- are normally resident in England and have been assessed as eligible to receive full funding from Student Finance England
- are starting their course in September 2018.