Why do we collect your data?
We collect and process your information to deliver the recruitment-related services you have requested through activities such as:
- sending you a prospectus
- downloading a digital prospectus
- sending you news and information about being a student at the University of Brighton such as about applying, your subject, visiting us, student life, or being an international student.
- booking and attending an event such as an open day or campus tour, including sending you booking reminders, SMS or email messages about any changes to the event, to provide you with a barcode for entry, further information after attending an event. Your data also ensure effective organisation of the event, for example ensuring the correct staffing levels, capacity in rooms or lecture theatres.
- participating in live chat or other online events.
- our international team may contact you with relevant information about applying to the University of Brighton from your country.
- Attending a UCAS fair where you have signed up with UCAS and scanned your code at our stand to indicate you would like to hear more from us and you have agreed that UCAS can pass your details on to us.
We may also use the information you provide us
- to better understand your needs and inform improvements to aspects of our service
- to communicate with you and provide other information that we believe you may be interested in.
If you provide consent but later decide you want to withdraw this, you have the right to change your mind. Please see the section below “your rights”.
How your data is held?
Depending on the service you require your personal data could be held within our email service provider Dotdigital, our CRM (Student-CRM also known as Data-Harvesting), Unibuddy (student chat facility and events system), the university edublog network, Spotler CRM system or the content management system which we use to run our website.
Data may also be stored in secure university systems such as Sharepoint.
For those taking part in Outreach activity your data may also be held in the HEAT database, inline with our outreach data protection policy.
These systems are accessed by staff within the Marketing and Communications department who manage the recruitment process.
Your data is held within the UK or EU. If you have submitted a form via an event in a country that is not the UK or in the EU, your data may be held within that country (and then the UK or EU), and the data regulations of that country will apply.