Why do we collect your data?
We collect and process your information to deliver the recruitment-related services you have requested through activities such as:
- sending you a prospectus
- sending you news and information related to your course or other aspect of your study, such as campus, or being an international student
- reserving you a place at an event such as an open day or campus tour
- sending you further information you have requested after attending an event
- participating in live chat or other online events.
We may also receive the information required to provide these services from third party sources such as a UCAS fair or an International agent.
We may also use the information you provide us
- to better understand your needs and inform improvements to aspects of our service
- to communicate with you and provide other information that we believe you may be interested in.
If you provide consent but later decide you want to withdraw this, you have the right to change your mind. Please see the section below “your rights”.
How your data is held?
Depending on the service you require your personal data could be held within our email system Dotmailer, the Student Data CRM, Eventbrite, Unibuddy, the university edublog network, or the content management system which we use to run our website.
Your data may also be held in the HEAT database, inline with our outreach data protection policy.
These systems are accessed by staff within the Marketing and Communications department who manage the recruitment process.