Things you'll want to get to easily
- Instructions on how to get to your accommodation and collect your keys
- Mobile phone charger
- Toilet roll
- Photo ID such as your passport or UK driving licence
- The booking confirmation of your moving in slot. If you are moving into Mithras Halls of Residence, please also bring a paper or digital copy of your licence agreement.
- Proof of student finance letter
- University acceptance letter.
Halls: All our halls rooms are furnished with a bed, desk and clothing storage, so there’s no need to bring any furniture.
Private renting: Check your contract for what furniture will be included in your room. If you need to buy any extra furniture, try larger charity shops or use Facebook marketplace.
- Duvet and pillows
- A couple of bedding sets: duvet covers, pillowcases, and sheets
- Mattress topper
- Laundry basket or bag, and washing detergent
- Clothes for all seasons, plus activities or events: sports clothes, swimming gear, fancy dress etc.
- Clothes hangers
- Chargers: phone, laptop, shaver etc.
- UK plug adaptors, if you’re from overseas
You’ll probably be working and relaxing in your room, so here’s some ideas of extra things our students bring to make their space comfortable:
- Bedside lamp
- Desktop mirror
- Decorations: posters, fairy lights, pictures, or artwork
- Cushions, blankets and rugs
- Storage boxes to keep your space organised
- Extra clothes rail or storage, if you have a lot of clothes
- Games or sports equipment.
- Shower gel and shampoo
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Skincare products
- Haircare products, including styling tools
- Razors or shavers and shaving cream
- Grooming kit including tweezers and nail clippers
- Medical prescriptions
- Sanitary products
- Make-up and remover
- Bath and hand towels
- Deodorant and perfume or aftershave
- First aid kit – plasters, painkillers, antiseptic wipes
Depending on where you are living, you may have a bathroom to yourself or share it with others. Students with shared bathrooms often bring a waterproof bag for easy transport of their toiletries, and some like to bring flip flops for the shower too.
- Hand soap
- Toilet roll
- Air freshener
- Bath mat
- Cleaning products - if your bathroom is shared, it will be cleaned as part of your halls accommodation fee.
Halls: All our halls are self-catered and come with a kettle, toaster and microwave.
Private renting: Check your contract to find out what's included in your tenancy, or contact your letting agent.
- Microwaveable plates, bowls and side plates
- Mugs and glasses
- Knives, forks and spoons
- Chopping board
- Sharp knives and scissors
- Vegetable peeler
- Tin opener
- Saucepans and frying pan
- Baking tray
- Kitchen utensils - tongs, wooden spoon, spatula, serving spoon, potato masher
- Measuring jug
- Mixing bowl
- Corkscrew and bottle opener
- Storage tubs
- Food and drink, or place an online food order once you arrive
- Cling film and tin foil
- Tea towels and oven mitts
- Kitchen roll
- Washing up liquid
- Washing up brush or sponges
- Cleaning products – your kitchen will be cleaned as part of your halls accommodation fee, but you will have to keep it clean and tidy too.