Halls: all of the rooms in our halls come furnished with a bed, desk and clothing storage, so there’s no need to bring any furniture of your own.
Private renting: check your contract for what furniture will be included in your room. If you need to buy any extra furniture, try larger charity shops or use Facebook marketplace to see what others are selling nearby.
- Duvet and pillows
- A couple of bedding sets: duvet covers, pillowcases, and sheets
- Mattress topper
- Laundry basket or bag, and washing detergent
- Bedside lamp
- Coat hangers
- Desktop mirror
- UK plug adaptors, if you’re from overseas
- Chargers: phone, laptop, shaver etc.
- Storage boxes to keep your space organised
- Clothes for all seasons, plus additional activities or events: sports clothes, swimming gear, accessories or fancy dress.
You’ll probably be working and relaxing in your room, so here’s some ideas of extra things our students bring to make their space comfortable:
- Decorations: posters, fairy lights, pictures, or artwork
- Cushions, blankets and rugs
- Extra clothes rail or larger storage boxes if you have a lot of clothes
- Games or sports equipment.
Wherever you are living, you may have a bathroom to yourself or be share it with others. Our students with shared bathrooms often bring a waterproof bag for easy storage and transport of their toiletries, and some like to bring flip flops for the shower too.
- Shower gel and shampoo
- Skincare products
- Haircare products - including styling tools
- Razors or shavers and shaving cream
- Grooming kit including tweezers and nail clippers
- Medical prescriptions
- Sanitary products
- Make-up and remover
- Bath and hand towels
- Deodorant and perfume or aftershave
- First aid kit – plasters, painkillers, antiseptic wipes
- Finally – don’t forget your toothbrush!
Items you might share in your bathroom:
- Hand soap
- Toilet roll
- Air freshener
- Bath mat
- Cleaning products - if your bathroom is shared, this will be cleaned as part of your accommodation fee.