For SMEs in low carbon and environment sectors
In addition to accessing our four service areas, eligible organisations benefit from the following LOCASE services:
Tailored business support
We’ll meet with you to learn all about your business and put together a package of support tailored specifically to your growth plans. Eligible businesses get 12 hours free support from our expert coaches.
Innovation and R&D support
For businesses that are developing innovative products or services. We’ll help explore routes to market and can link you to expertise at local universities to assess the feasibility of your idea and take it further. We can also help identify appropriate funding for your plans, including the business growth and R&D grants listed below.
Business growth and R&D grants
For projects to help grow your business or develop new products and services. It must be something that you’ve been unable to fund elsewhere and you get 40% of your project paid for by the grant, with a maximum grant value of £10k. Grants can fund:
- Energy efficiency measures - including heating and lighting
- Development finance - to enable expansion of the business (for example, marketing costs)
- Plant and machinery - including re-tooling and installation of machinery and hardware and training required to operate it.
- Intangible assets - including costs of purchasing patents, IT, software and licences
- Consultancy costs - including marketing, business planning and sector specialists
- Research & development - including contracted innovation work, academics, special consultants, specialist lab facilities for testing.
For SMEs in any sector
The programme also offers energy efficiency grants and free energy audits to businesses, delivered across East Sussex by Carbon Smart. These are available to any business that meets the eligibility criteria set out below.
Please indicate your interest on signing up to the Green Growth Platform where indicated in the services section of the form.