You must register to use the Vacancy Service.
If you opted for auto-registration as part of your online enrolment at the start of the academic year, please use the following login details:
- Username: Your university email address
- Password: Brighton and your date of birth given as DDMMYYYY, e.g. Brighton23091998
Alternatively you can register yourself with an email address and password of your choice.
The video opposite gives a walkthrough of the vacancy service.
Searching for vacancies
Vacancies are organised in four categories, as follows:
Search ‘casual/part time work’ for:
Student jobs on campus
Student Ambassador work
Paid work in your local area
One-off project based roles (e.g. web page design)
Search ‘graduate vacancy’ for:
National and international volunteering
Search ‘work experience’ for:
Gap year opportunities
Summer/other vacation jobs
Shorter industrial placements (less than 12 months)*
Search ‘voluntary work’ for:
Active Student volunteering opportunities
Set up email preferences to receive alerts when relevant jobs are posted.
* For 12 month sandwich placements contact your placements team.
Getting the most from the service
- Part-time work: Don’t limit your preferences to a single location or work type to get the full variety of available jobs. Any part time work will give you valuable skills and experience, whatever your career goals.
- Keep your search preferences up to date: when you’re ready to look for vacation work, placements or graduate jobs, update your preferences to make sure you get alerts on those type of jobs.
- Don’t miss out on graduate scheme deadlines: Recruitment will begin in June of your penultimate year for schemes starting the following summer! Peak recruitment season is September – December. Some schemes may close early if they get enough applications.
- Looking to gain additional skills? Don’t filter out part-time jobs that may give you the skills you need.
Vacancy service and your personal information
- All your information is held securely by Prospects. The Careers Service will not disclose names, addresses or telephone numbers of any registered users without their permission and shall conform to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and any subsequent related acts.
- As a registered user we may contact you on occasion about particular vacancies.
- You can close your account at any time.