Searching for vacancies
Access the vacancy service with your university login. Update your profile to receive alerts when relevant jobs are posted.
From the Opportunities tab ('opportunity type' menu):
Search ‘casual/part-time’ for:
- Student jobs on campus
- Student Ambassador work
- Paid work in your local area
- One-off project based roles (e.g. web page design)
Search ‘graduate job’ for:
- Graduate-level jobs
- Graduate schemes
- National and international volunteering
Search ‘work experience’ for:
- Gap year opportunities
- Summer/other vacation jobs
- Shorter industrial placements (less than 12 months)*
* For 12 month sandwich placements contact your placements team.
Search ‘voluntary placement’ or go direct to the Placements tab for:
- Active Student volunteering opportunities
Getting the most from the vacancy service
- Set up email alerts: Let us keep you informed when relevant opportunities are advertised by selecting the type(s) of work you are interested in.
- Keep your search preferences up to date: When you’re ready to look for vacation work, placements or graduate jobs, update your preferences to make sure you get alerts on those type of jobs.
- Looking to gain additional skills through part-time work? Don’t filter out jobs that may give you the skills you need. Any part-time work will give you valuable skills and experience, whatever your career goals.
- Don’t miss out on graduate scheme deadlines: Recruitment will begin in June of your penultimate year for schemes starting the following summer! Peak recruitment season is September – December. Some schemes may close early if they get enough applications.
Vacancy service and your personal information
- The Careers Service will not disclose names, addresses or telephone numbers of registered users without their permission and shall conform to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and any subsequent related acts.
- As a registered user we may contact you about particular vacancies.
- You can opt out of receiving emails from the vacancy service at any time.