To gain entry to the Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD) you require:
- a full masters qualification in a relevant field, or appropriate research experience. An application made by someone with research experience, but with no masters qualification will be considered on its merits and normally require independent academic references
- at least four years of appropriate professional experience.
English language requirements
Minimum IELTS score of 7.5 or equivalent. English language competence will be tested through the application form and interview.
The application process
Applications are made through our online application portal. For your application you will need to include:
- a personal statement detailing current professional roles, professional and research aspirations, and rationale for wanting to study on this course
- a record of your education
- two references, one of which should be from an academic referee
- a 500-word summary of an area of professional interest for research demonstrating critical engagement with literature (please upload this to the Research Proposal area).