The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2022. They should be used as a general guide.
Degree and experience
- Normally a good UK honours degree or equivalent recognised award from an international institution in a relevant subject, for example health, social sciences, education, or in another subject with additional relevant experience (professional or voluntary).
- Candidates with professional qualifications (for example, health, teaching diploma and/or directly relevant experience, or record of active involvement in civil society organisations) will also be considered, although you will need to demonstrate ability to study and write at postgraduate level.
- International students whose language skills are below the IELTS scores requirement but are 5.5 or above should consider applying for this course through our Extended Masters Programme.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year and prospective candidates may be interviewed by telephone or online.
- Early application is recommended, particularly for international students, as time needs to be allowed for the IELTS and visa requirements.
- Offers will be made depending on the following criteria: academic qualifications, professional experience, personal profile, and academic writing skills.
- Claims for the Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning will be considered up to a maximum of 30 level 7 credits.
English language requirements
IELTS 7.0 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements, or equivalent qualification.