A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBB–BBC (120–112 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DDM–DMM. Applicants invited to interview are normally selected from the group who have predicted grades at the top of this range but it is not a guarantee of interview.
If your predicted grades are towards the lower end of this range we may still invite you to interview if you offered a significantly competitive GCSE (or equivalent) profile, personal statement or relevant non–academic achievements. Subsequent offers will be made based on assessment at interview.
Access to HE Diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. Social work diploma preferred. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 30 credits at merit or distinction, including level 3 credits in written communication, study skills, and reading and writing skills.
GCSE (minimum grade C or grade 4)
A good GCSE profile including maths and English language. These are national requirements for social work training and cannot be waived/other subjects cannot be accepted in lieu. Functional Skills not acceptable.
English language requirements
IELTS 7.0 overall, with a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements.
You should have:
- experience of being in a helping or support role, for example in a social care or education setting (this may be paid or voluntary)
- understanding of, and preparedness for, social work practice
- a satisfactory academic reference
- a satisfactory second (character) reference preferably relating to social care, a helping role you have had outside of your family, or from your most recent employer.
Note that we are unable to accept deferrals of places to the next academic year for this course.
If we make you an offer
Once you've accepted your offer, to fulfil professional requirements, you will be expected to provide evidence of the following:
- satisfactory DBS disclosure
- satisfactory health declaration/clearance.