The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2017. They should be used as a general guide.
We operate a flexible admissions policy – this means that you could receive a lower conditional offer than the typical offer, informed by our assessment of your complementary non-academic achievements and experiences. For courses that require interview or portfolio review, this may also be considered in the level of any conditional offer that follows if your application is successful.
Access to HE Diploma
pass with 60 credits overall. Social work courses preferred. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 30 credits at merit or distinction, including level 3 credits in written communication, study skills, and reading and writing skills.
GCSE (minimum grade C)
a good profile including maths and English.
English language requirements
IELTS 7.0 overall, with a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements.
You should have:
- experience of being in a helping or support role, for example in a social care or education setting (this may be paid or voluntary)
- understanding of, and preparedness for, social work practice
- a satisfactory academic reference
- a satisfactory second (character) reference preferably relating to social care, a helping role you have had outside of your family, or from your most recent employer.
Note that we are unable to accept deferrals of places to the next academic year for this course.
If we make you an offer
Once you've accepted your offer, to fulfil professional requirements, you will be expected to provide evidence of the following:
- satisfactory DBS disclosure
- satisfactory health declaration/clearance.