If you are from Bangladesh and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
Students from Bangladesh choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). Seventy per cent of our research in business management is of international standing according to the latest Research Assessment Exercise.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- Accredited law courses delivered by nationally and internationally experienced lawyers and with work placements that prepare you for professional practice.
- All computer science degrees are designed to prepare students for professional practice and provide for continuing professional development.
You will find details of the academic and English language requirements for your course in our course finder.
We require students who have taken Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) / Intermediate Certificate to successfully complete an acceptable International foundation year or equivalent. Students with a Bachelor of Arts/Science/Commerce (pass) can also be considered for entry onto an undergraduate course.
We require either a four-year bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.75 or above or a three-year bachelor degree plus a masters degree from a recognised Bangladeshi university.
English language requirements
We will not accept a Bangladeshi English language qualification as meeting our minimum English language proficiency requirements. Find out more about our English language requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Degree preparation courses at the International College
If you complete your pathway course at the International College at the required level, you are guaranteed entry to a degree at the University of Brighton. Available degree subject areas include accounting and finance, art and design, business management, international hospitality management, law with business, international event management, and many more.
Find out more about the pathway courses on offer at the University of Brighton International College.
English language preparation courses at our Language Centre
The University of Brighton Centre for Academic English Language Development provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Immigration and visas
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie a visa) is required for students coming from Bangladesh. In order to obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Bangladesh, please contact the UK Border Agency.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Bangladesh.
Students from Bangladesh are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships: