If you are from Jordan and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
There are currently 35 students and 30 alumni of the university who are from Jordan. Students from Jordan choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- All computer science degrees are designed to prepare students for professional practice and provide for continuing professional development.
- Brighton is ranked 8 in the country for our engineering degrees.
Meet us in Jordan
International officers and academics from the University of Brighton visit Jordan regularly. Our next confirmed visits are here:
Meet our international representatives
We have a number of registered and approved representatives in Jordan. They can help you with information about the university and the UK, and assist you with your application.
Bridge International for Academic Services
Tel: +962 6 581 0137
Fax: +962 6 585 7938
GESCO for Academic Services
Phone: +962 (6) 535 4424
Fax: +962 (6) 535 4383
Global Vision for Academic Services
Tel: +962 6 581 0137
Fax: +962 6 585 7938
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Jordan to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
We require students taking the Tawjihi (secondary school leaving certificate) to take and successfully complete an international foundation year or equivalent.
We require a bachelor degree (with an overall score of 'Good' or above) when awarded after a minimum or four years of study.
|Jordanian degree classification (CGPA)
||English translation or equivalent
|B+ / B
|B / C+
English language equivalency
We will not accept a Jordanian English language qualification as meeting our minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Academic preparation courses at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College courses offers guaranteed progression to degree courses at the university.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College. Let us know if you would like to speak with other students from Jordan.
English language preparation courses at our Language Institute
The University of Brighton Language Institute provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Immigration and visas
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie a visa) is required for students coming from Jordan. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Jordan, contact the UK Home Office.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Amman.
Students from Jordan are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships:
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry