If you are from Pakistan and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
There are currently 14 students and 20 alumni of the university who are from Pakistan. Students from Pakistan choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- Accounting courses are recognised as an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) gold tuition provider.
- All computer science degrees are designed to prepare students for professional practice and provide for continuing professional development.
- Brighton is ranked 8 in the country for our engineering degrees.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Pakistan to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
We require a Higher Secondary School Certificate (and completion of Standard XII Education) plus an acceptable international foundation year or equivalent. Students with an FSc/FA or ICS will not be accepted straight onto a degree at the University of Brighton. Students with a Bachelor of Arts/Science/Commerce may be considered for undergraduate entry.
We require applicants to hold either a good bachelor (Hons) of Technology or Engineering or a master’s degree from a Central University in Pakistan.
||Letter grade system
||English translation or equivalent
||75% / Distinction
||Excellent = 1st
||65% / Division I with 65%
||Good = 2:1
||59% / Division II with 59%
||Satisfactory = 2:2
English language equivalency
We will not accept a Pakistani English language qualification as meeting our minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Academic preparation courses at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College courses offers guaranteed progression to degree courses at the university.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College. Let us know if you would like to speak with other students from Pakistan.
English language preparation courses at our Language Institute
The University of Brighton Language Institute provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Immigration and visas
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie a visa) is required for students coming from Pakistan. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Pakistan, contact the UK Home Office.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Pakistan.
Students from Pakistan are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships:
Now after 25 years I still remember my days as a student at the University of Brighton. It was best experience where I learned a lot in every field.
Professor Dr. Muhammed Khalid Anis
Applied Physics MSc
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry