If you are from Uganda and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
There are currently 6 students and 13 active alumni of the university who are from Uganda. Students from Uganda choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- Accredited law courses delivered by nationally and internationally experienced lawyers and with work placements that prepare you for professional practice.
- Brighton is ranked 8 in the country for our engineering degrees.
We do not currently have any scheduled visits to Uganda, however, if you would like to meet us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet our international representatives
We have a number of registered and approved representatives in Uganda. They can help you with information about the university and the UK, and assist you with your application.
Tel: +256 41 425 9220
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from Uganda to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
We require a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) OR an East African Advanced Certificate of Education OR a Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate (COHSC). A higher diploma, awarded by a technical college or Ugandan Polytechnic, could be considered for advanced standing if the relevant subject material has been covered.
|A-level||Comparable offer||Descriptors and meaning|
||(A) Very good
||(A) Very good
||(C) Above average
||(C) Above average
We require applicants to hold either a good bachelor’s or master’s degree from a Ugandan university. A master’s degree from Uganda is considered comparable to British master's degree standard.
|Ugandan degree classification||Ugandan degree classification (GPA)||Alternative name||English translation or equivalent|
English language requirements
Find out more about our English language requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Academic preparation courses at our International College
Successful completion of one of our International College courses offers guaranteed progression to degree courses at the university in areas such as accounting and finance, art and design, business management, international hospitality management, law with business, international event management and many others.
Find out more about foundation certificate or pre-masters courses at our International College. Let us know if you would like to speak with other students from Uganda.
English language preparation courses at our Language Institute
The University of Brighton Language Institute provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Immigration and visas
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie a visa) is required for students coming from Uganda. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in Uganda, contact the UK Home Office.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in Uganda.
Students from Uganda are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships:
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry.