If you are from UAE and thinking about studying at Brighton you can find information to help you decide, and make your application on this page.
There are currently 20 students and 67 alumni of the university who are from UAE. Students from UAE choose the University of Brighton because of our strong standing in key subject areas of interest.
- Our degree and masters courses in business, management and economics benefit from the internationally recognised research at our Centre for Research in Innovation Management (CENTRIM). The latest Research Assessment Exercise determined that 70 per cent of our research in business management is of international standing.
- Business studies students benefit from the training and consultancy work of professors. Students gain practical and leadership skills in a research active community.
- Management studies courses provide entrepreneurial skills training and connection with a network of industry partners. Become an independent thinker through collaboration with experienced Professors who share real world knowledge with students.
- We offer pre-registration nursing and midwifery students the chance to experience nursing and midwifery in another country.
- Brighton is ranked 8 in the country for our engineering degrees.
Details of the academic and English language requirements for your course are on our course finder. We help many students from UAE to improve their qualifications to meet entry requirements.
We require a Tawijihiyya (Secondary School Certificate) plus an acceptable international foundation year or equivalent.
We require a bachelor degree earned with very high grades when awarded after a minimum of four years of study from a recognised university in the UAE.
|Emirati degree classification (CPGA)
||Emirati degree classification (letter)
||Emirati degree classification (%)
||English translation or equivalent
||B+ / B
English language requirements
We will not accept an Emirati English language qualification as meeting our minimum English language proficiency requirements. Find out more about our English language requirements.
Improve your academic and English language ability
If you don't have the correct grades or qualifications to meet our entry requirements, we can help you improve them.
Degree preparation courses at the International College
If you complete your pathway course at the International College at the required level, you are guaranteed entry to a degree at the University of Brighton. Available degree subject areas include accounting and finance, art and design, business management, international hospitality management, law with business, international event management, and many more.
Find out more about the pathway courses on offer at the University of Brighton International College.
English language preparation courses at our Language Institute
The University of Brighton Language Institute provides a comprehensive range of academic English language preparation courses for students who need to improve their English before starting a UK university degree.
Successful completion of one of our English courses guarantees your progression to a degree course at the University of Brighton.
Find out more about our academic English language preparation courses.
Immigration and visas
Generally, prior entry clearance (ie a visa) is required for students coming from UAE. To obtain a visa you will need to have an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Brighton and your CAS number from the university. You will need to prove that you have the funds to pay your tuition fees and living expenses.
To make your visa application in UAE, contact the UK Home Office.
For advice and help from our immigration advisers, and for further information visit our immigration and visas page.
British Council office
If you would like to talk to a trained counsellor about studying and living in the UK, please contact the British Council in UAE.
Students from UAE are eligible for University of Brighton scholarships:
Please contact us if you have a question or enquiry