What this means for you depends on the course you have applied for and the current status of your application.
If your teacher-assessed grades mean that you now meet the requirements for your offer, but you have not yet had your place confirmed by us:
- With some exceptions noted below, we will confirm a place for you on the course when we have details of your teacher-assessed grades. You can send us the formal notification you received from your school or college about your grades.
- You are guaranteed an offer of university accommodation if you have applied for it.
Applicants on courses with an external number cap:
- Places on some education and health courses, including Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Paramedic Science and Social Work are externally capped, this is outside of our control. Numbers need to be carefully managed each year to ensure everyone gets the placement and practice hours required to qualify. The pandemic, and social distancing measures make this even more challenging to achieve this year.
- Where the course is full, students who have now met their offers based on their teacher-assessed grades, but who have not yet had their place confirmed, will be guaranteed a place on the course for next year.
- We recognise this is a very worrying and frustrating situation for all affected students. The number of students without places on capped-number courses is a national issue. We are continuing to work with relevant agencies about options for further places being made available for this year.
- Get in touch with us as soon as you can for support and advice about what your options are for this year. There may be alternatives available.
You are waiting for results for a vocational qualification like a BTEC:
- We are aware some students who have taken BTEC and other vocational qualifications are still waiting for their results.
- If you have applied to Brighton and are waiting for your results your place will be held for you until we receive them and we can make a decision. If you applied for accommodation you are guaranteed an offer of a room if you take up your place.
- If you are waiting for results and want to apply to Brighton through Clearing you can get in touch now, we may be able to make you an offer pending release of your results.
You were waiting for GCSE results:
- Once you know your teacher-assessed grades please get in touch and share the formal notification from your school or college with us so we can make a decision on your offer. There may be a slight delay in being able to formally confirm our decision given the amount of change we are all experiencing this week. Please bear with us
If you have accepted an offer:
- Your place is confirmed, and we can’t wait to meet you
- You should enrol online now. Once you have completed enrolment you can access to your university email account, online services and pre-arrival study materials.
If we have made you an offer:
- If you are holding an offer from us, you can accept it now
- Your offer will remain open until any deadline we tell you about and whilst there are still places available
If you are thinking about applying:
- You can apply to Brighton now on the basis of your teachers' assessment and receive a decision from us
- Our approach is inclusive and personalised, we value a range of achievements and we will consider your application on its own merits
- Talk to us now or apply online
All students who have accepted an offer will have received or will be receiving an email, which also contains guidance on accommodation.
We are running regular online advice events with staff and current students to support you in making the best possible start to your time with us and to help you find out more about the support you can expect from us.
Our call centre is open from 9am-5pm Mon-Thurs and 9am-4.30pm on Friday. Call us on 01273 644000. If you applying through Clearing, read our Clearing FAQs.