About these scholarships
We offer the University of Brighton International Scholarship to support our international students and make a positive impact on your studies. We are committed to ensuring that studying your degree at Brighton will help you to pursue a successful future career.
Scholarships will be awarded at £2,500, £2,000 and £1,500 levels and those applications we assess as best meeting the criteria will be awarded the higher amount. These scholarships are awarded as a reduction in tuition fees for the first year of study.
Please submit your course application via UCAS first. You can then submit your scholarship application through the form in the ‘Submit an application’ tab, please complete all fields.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be a new, international fee-status student
- be holding an offer for a full-time undergraduate taught degree with a minimum course duration of one year
- be starting your course in September 2024.
You will not be eligible if:
- you are a student at any University of Brighton partner colleges or affiliate institutions (including University of Brighton International College)
- you are an applicant for Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- you are receiving sponsorship from your government (unless you are a Lanekassen Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund student, Swedish CSN Loan student, US Federal Aid student or Canadian educational loan student).
How to apply
International scholarships will be awarded based on your answer to the following questions:
- What are your career ambitions?
- Why have you chosen this career path?
- Decisions about scholarship awards will be made by an awards committee and are final.
- Applications that are not fully completed will not be reviewed by the panel.
- Only one scholarship application per student will be considered for September 2024 entry.
- Applications that have used AI to generate statements will be rejected.
- Please note, you will need your 8-digit student number for the scholarship application. This can be found in Student View under ‘your student record’. If you don’t include this number correctly on your scholarship application, the application will not be processed.
Submit an application
Please complete the below application form. You will need your 8-digit student number, which can be found in Student View under ‘your student record’. If you don’t include this number correctly on your scholarship application, the application will not be processed.
Application closing deadline: 11:59 GMT on Friday 8 March 2024.
You will hear back about the outcome of your application by the end of April 2024.
Please note, applications that have used AI to generate statements will be rejected.