Data subjects have a number of rights under the Data Protection Act, including the right:
- To rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold on you.
- to require the university to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways
- to withdraw consent where we have requested and obtained your consent.
- to object to certain processing of your personal data by us.
Further information about your rights can be found on the ICO’s website.
To exercise or your rights or for further information, please contact the Data Protection Officerdataprotection@brighton.ac.uk.
Once requested, the university will respond to the request without undue delay and within one month. Where the request is complex, the timeframe may be extended by a further two months. Should we need an extension will notify you within one month of original receipt of the request, to explain why an extension may be necessary.