Inclusivity is one of our core values set out within our university strategy. Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan (pdf) details what this means to the university, and sets out our commitments and objectives for further enhancing our approach and practice in this area.
The strategic plan includes our institutional Equality Objectives for 2017-2021, as required by the Public Sector Equality Duty of the Equality Act (2010). The objectives are informed by institutional data and research and were developed in consultation with staff and student representatives.
In overview our equality objectives are as follows:
- Extend our attractiveness as a destination of choice for students and staff with diverse backgrounds, cultures and identities.
- Further develop our approaches for building equality, diversity and inclusion into the design and delivery of our courses and curriculum.
- Enhance our processes and approaches for ensuring that our students and staff with diverse backgrounds, cultures and identities are fully supported to realise their full potential.
- Put in place firm actions based on robust evidence to address key equalities issues affecting students and staff.
- Celebrate and promote the diversity of our students and staff at all levels.
- Achieve external recognition for our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.