Apply for funding
If you are resident in England, you could be eligible for extra funding if you have children and want to study full-time at university. If you qualify for a student finance package you could also be eligible for:
- Childcare Grant – a weekly allowance to help full-time students pay for childcare.
- Parents’ Learning Allowance – an annual allowance that undergraduate and initial teacher training students can use to help pay for books, study materials and travel.
- Parental Support (formerly Child Dependants Allowance) – applicable to those enrolled on some Health Sciences courses. As part of the new Training Grant you can apply for up to £2,000 per year per household, paid in termly instalments. This is available to students with a child/children under 15 or under 17 if the child is registered with special educational needs.
- Universal Credit – some student parents will be eligible for this payment. Contact the Student Advice team for assistance.
You apply for this funding when you apply for your student finance.
- Find out what extra funding may be available to you
- Contact our student advice services or nursery manager if you have any questions. Contact details are at the bottom of this page.
There is an Ofsted-accredited nursery at the University of Brighton, based at the Moulsecoomb campus, providing high quality childcare to children of students, staff and the local community.
Contact the manager of the nursery as soon as your place at the university is confirmed. Find out more about our One World nursery.