Apply for funding
If you are resident in England, you could be eligible for extra funding if you have children and want to study full-time at university. If you qualify for a student finance package you could also be eligible for:
- Childcare Grant – a weekly allowance to help full-time students pay for childcare.
- Parents’ Learning Allowance – an annual allowance that undergraduate and initial teacher training students can use to help pay for books, study materials and travel.
- Parental Support (formerly Child Dependants Allowance) – applicable to those enrolled on some Health Sciences courses. As part of the new Training Grant you can apply for up to £2,000 per year per household, paid in termly instalments. This is available to students with a child/children under 15 or under 17 if the child is registered with special educational needs.
- Universal Credit – some student parents will be eligible for this payment. Contact the Student Advice team for assistance.
You apply for this funding when you apply for your student finance.
- Find out what extra funding may be available to you