Interests and extracurricular activities
- Describe any relevant achievements relating to your out-of-work/study activities. This will contribute to the employer’s understanding of what motivates you as a person.
You may be asked to respond to a series of questions, e.g. "Describe a time when you demonstrated a customer-focused and team-centred approach to problem solving". Make your answers as clear and concise as possible. Use the STAR method to help structure your responses (omitting headings for the final draft):
- Situation: "A customer rang up complaining that they'd waited more than two weeks for a reply from our sales team regarding a product query."
- Task: "I needed to address the client's immediate query and find out what went wrong in the normal process."
- Activity: "I apologised, got the details and passed them to our head salesperson, who contacted the client within the hour. I investigated why the query hadn't been answered. I discovered that it was a combination of a wrong mobile number and a generic email address that wasn't being checked. I let the client know and we offered a goodwill discount on her next order."
- Result: "The client not only continued to order from us and also posted a positive customer service Tweet."
source: The Guardian.