CUPP can offer a range of national and international support to universities and civil society organisations to explore the potential for partnership working in their local content and to share our experience in:
- Addressing marginalisation and inequality issues through local partnerships
- Embedding social engagement into university policy, teaching and research
- Ensuring the university knowledge base is accessible to its local community
We offer support in:
- Strategic change - changes within organisational structure and planning to accommodate partnership work
- Research - approaches to community based research
- Teaching - developing curricula that facilitates engagement
- Discipline-based projects - developing project ideas in specific discipline areas
- Practical - managing partnerships and building relationships
- Evaluating - helping assess the impact of work
- Access - identifying community priorities and navigating the university
Working closely with the National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) we have also provided support to various UK universities in their engagement work.
We have also worked internationally with universities in Senegal, Cameron, Ethiopia, Qatar, Pakistan, India, Bosnia, Belgium, Canada and the US and are currently involved in a cross European Erasmus project on sharing experience of community university engagement.