The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course and should be used as a general guide. For courses that require interview or portfolio review, this may also be considered in the level of any conditional offer we may make, if your application is successful.
BBB, must include a science or social science subject at grade B.
DDM in a health or science subject.
Access to HE Diploma
pass with 60 credits overall. Health studies, nursing or science. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 30 credits at distinction.
GCSE (minimum grade C or grade 4)
- with Access course – maths and English.
- with A-levels, BTEC or K101 – at least five GCSEs including maths, English and science.
A wide range of other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
Studied before or got relevant experience?
A qualification, HE credits or relevant experience may count towards your course at Brighton, and could mean that you do not have to take some elements of the course or can start in year 2 or 3. Ask our enquiries team for more information. Contact them through the Find out more tab below.
For this course which leads to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a midwife, you must demonstrate the following:
- completion of 10 years' general education
- successful completion of literacy and numeracy assessments during the interview process
- evidence of study within the last five years is desirable
- evidence of commitment to the profession
- provision of a personal statement which demonstrates the ability and desire to become a midwife
- an academic reference indicating potential to study at degree level and indicating the applicant is of good character
- a character reference, which may come from an employer if appropriate, or other appropriate person, indicating good communication skills, caring qualities and a positive attitude
- passing of occupational health and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- ability to meet travel requirements to attend placements
- ability to follow a shift pattern that could cover any part of a 24-hour seven-day cycle.