The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2019. They should be used as a general guide.
Degree and/or experience
Applicants to the course are expected to:
1. Have a health or social care related Diploma of Higher Education, or foundation degree (minimum of 120 level 5 credits)
Hold a current registered qualification in health or social care with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the Health and Social Care Professions Council or equivalent PSRB
2. Normally have successfully completed study within the last five years at Level 5 or 6
Successfully complete a Level 6 module prior to registering on the award
3. Be currently employed for at least 15 hours per week in a suitable practice area but additional module specific rules may apply.
4. Have six months' post-qualifying experience.
5. Have management support and approval to undertake the course.
A maximum of 30 Level 6 credits APL / AP(E)L / RAWL may be brought into the course if they meet the learning outcomes and have been undertaken in the previous five years. For students who have obtained credit under the 4 HEI agreement, a maximum of 50 per cent of the credits of the final award may be brought into the course provided they meet the learning outcomes and have been undertaken in the previous five years. The total combination of credits brought into the course must not exceed 50 per cent of the final award and cannot include the dissertation module.
University of Brighton Diplomat students (2005 curriculum onwards)
As agreed by the Registrar (2008), the research module (20 level 6 credits) will automatically be given credit exemption.
The mark awarded will stand and count towards the final degree classification as long as the module is less than five years old on registration for the Professional Practice BSc(Hons) award.
A further 20 level 6 credits of unclassified credit may be awarded based on:
- 1000 word account written by the student meeting level 6 assessment criteria based on professional development
- To be written within three months of registration on the Professional Practice BSc(Hons)
- The module is less than five years on old registration for the Professional Practice BSc(Hons) award
- To be noted at CEB following registration on award.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 6.0 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.