The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2022. They should be used as a general guide.
Degree and experience
Applicants will have a postgraduate diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling (equivalent to 120 masters-level credits).
Although the MSc is a continuation of our postgraduate diplomas in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy PGDip and in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy PGDip, applications are welcomed from those who have been awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from other universities.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.
We expect to offer 15 places for this course and hold a reserve list of three.
- Submit your completed application by 15 January, this includes completed references.
- Ensure that you accurately record all relevant completed or pending qualifications – scan and attach your certificates.
- If you are a graduate of the PGDip from the University of Brighton then you need only provide one reference from your supervisor. If you are an external applicant, you will need to provide a further reference.
- Alert your referee/s that they should receive an email request and to check all email folders. Please note that is up to you to follow up with your referee/s to ensure this is submitted before the deadline of 15 January.
Your application may be rejected if you do not provide the correct information or references by the deadline.
- Our admissions office reviews all applications.
- Complete applications meeting the entry criteria are submitted to the course leader for review and selection.
- All fully completed applications received by 15 January will receive equal consideration.
- Candidates will be selected for interview based on the strength of their application.
- Applications received after this date may still be considered, if we have vacancies on the course or for a place on the reserve list.
- Selected applicants will be invited for interview from early February.
- You will be interviewed by two course tutors.
- Successful applicants will be made an offer of a place on the course in May once all applicants have been interviewed.
- You will be advised if this is a reserve list place – reserve places may become available if a candidate needs to decline their accepted offer.
- Meet any conditions of your offer. This may include submitting evidence of the qualification you are studying.
- Pay the non-refundable £250 deposit to confirm your place on the course. This is required within one month of your offer being made or we may offer your place to another candidate.