The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2021. They should be used as a general guide.
Degree and experience
Applicants will have a postgraduate diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling (equivalent to 120 masters-level credits).
Although the MSc is a continuation of our postgraduate diplomas,
applications are welcomed from those who have been awarded an equivalent qualification in counselling from other universities.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.
We expect to offer 15 places for this course and hold a reserve list of three.
- Submit your completed application by 15 January, this includes completed references.
- Ensure that you accurately record all relevant completed or pending qualifications – scan and attach your certificates.
- If you are a graduate of the PGDip from the University of Brighton then you need only provide one reference from your supervisor. If you are an external applicant, you will need to provide a further reference.
- Alert your referee/s that they should receive an email request and to check all email folders. Please note that is up to you to follow up with your referee/s to ensure this is submitted before the deadline of 15 January.
Your application may be rejected if you do not provide the correct information or references by the deadline.
- Our admissions office reviews all applications.
- Complete applications meeting the entry criteria are submitted to the course leader for review and selection.
- All fully completed applications received by 15 January will receive equal consideration.
- Candidates will be selected for interview based on the strength of their application.
- Applications received after this date may still be considered, if we have vacancies on the course or for a place on the reserve list.
- Selected applicants will be invited for interview from early February.
- You will be interviewed by two course tutors.
- Successful applicants will be made an offer of a place on the course in May once all applicants have been interviewed.
- You will be advised if this is a reserve list place – reserve places may become available if a candidate needs to decline their accepted offer.
- Meet any conditions of your offer. This may include submitting evidence of the qualification you are studying.
- Pay the non-refundable £250 deposit to confirm your place on the course. This is required within one month of your offer being made or we may offer your place to another candidate.