Decide what you want
What do you hope to get from the event?
- More information about specific opportunities?
- Inside knowledge about a profession?
- Contacts in your sector to network with?
- Tips on graduate scheme applications from people who have been through it themselves?
- An employer’s opinion on your CV?
Practice an elevator pitch
An elevator pitch is a brief introduction about your knowledge, skills and abilities. This will help you when companies ask you questions about yourself.
In an elevator pitch you have around 60 seconds to get across:
- your name
- anything that is special and different about you
- what you offer and the benefits (in a couple of sentences)
- what you are looking for (in a couple of sentences)
- your sign off.