The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2021. They should be used as a general guide.
Degree and/or experience
Students are normally expected to demonstrate one of the entry requirements below:
- an honours degree from a higher educational institution in the UK (minimum of 2:2), or equivalent award from a European, or overseas higher education institution, and some public/health service experience
- an appropriate professional qualification from a body that is represented in public/health services work plus minimum five years working in a public/health services organisation
- an ability to demonstrate skills of applied learning (for example successfully completing some academic Level 6, or degree level, studies modules - grade C and above)
- an HND, or diploma equivalent, in an area applied to public/health services, plus minimum five years working in a public/health services organisation
- an ability to demonstrate skills of applied learning (for example successfully completing some Level 6 related modules at grade C and above).
Normally in, or recently in, public service employment or engaged in community or voluntary activity that gives direct understanding of the public service environment. Reflection on practice forms an important element of the learning.
Applicants unable to demonstrate one of the three requirements above can be permitted to register as a single module student. Students who are successful at studying for one module and are awarded credits may be eligible to enrol for further modules.
English language requirements
IELTS 7 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements, or equivalent qualification.
International students whose language skills do not match the IELTS scores set out here should consider applying for this course through the Extended Masters programme at the university's Language Institute.
Please note that we can only consider international applications for the MSc version of this course. Unfortunately, international applicants are not eligible for the PGCert or PGDip.