The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2017. They should be used as a general guide.
We operate a flexible admissions policy – this means that you could receive a lower conditional offer than the typical offer, informed by our assessment of your complementary non-academic achievements and experiences. For courses that require interview or portfolio review, this may also be considered in the level of any conditional offer that follows if your application is successful.
Degree and/or experience
Students are normally expected to demonstrate one of the entry requirements below:
- an honours degree from a higher educational institution in the UK (minimum of 2:2), or equivalent award from a European, or overseas higher education institution, and some public/health service experience
- an appropriate professional qualification from a body that is represented in public/health services work plus minimum five years working in a public/health services organisation
- minimum five years working in a public/health services organisation
- an ability to demonstrate skills of applied learning (for example successfully completing some academic Level 6, or degree level, studies modules - grade C and above)
- an HND, or diploma equivalent, in an area applied to public/health services, plus minimum five years working in a public/health services organisation
- an ability to demonstrate skills of applied learning (for example successfully completing some Level 6 related modules - grade C and above).
Students are expected to be in, or to have recently been in, public service employment, or engaged in community or voluntary activity that gives them direct understanding of the public service environment. Students' reflection on practice forms an important element of the learning.
Applicants unable to demonstrate appropriate entry requirements can be permitted to register as a single module student. Students who are successful at studying for one module and are awarded credits will be eligible after consultation with the course leader to enrol for further modules.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 7 overall with a minimum score of 6.5 in all elements. Students with lower scores can enter through our extended masters programme.