BBC, must include a science or social science subject at grade B.
DMM in a health or science subject.
27 overall with three subjects at Higher level.
Access to HE Diploma
pass with 60 credits overall. Health studies, nursing or science. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 30 credits at distinction.
GCSE (minimum grade C or grade 4)
- with Access course – maths and English.
- with A-levels, BTEC or K101 – at least five GCSEs including maths, English and science.
Functional Skills 2 will be accepted in lieu of GCSE English and maths.
A range of other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis, eg Open University K101 and K102.
For all nursing courses leading to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a nurse, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- completion of 10 years general education
- successful completion of literacy and numeracy assessments during the interview process
- evidence of study within the last five years is desirable
- evidence of commitment to the profession
- passing of Occupational Health and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- ability to meet travel requirements to attend placements
- ability to follow a shift pattern that could cover any part of a 24-hour 7-day cycle.
Successful completion of our Health and Social Care Practice foundation degree with 120 credits at level 5 may enable you to start in year 2 of our nursing degrees – Nursing (Adult), Nursing (Child) or Nursing (Mental Health).
Studied before or got relevant experience?
A qualification, HE credits or relevant experience may count towards your course at Brighton, and could mean that you do not have to take some elements of the course or can start in year 2.
Students successful at the application stage will be invited to attend an interview which comprises a values-based multiple mini interview format.
Men are under-represented in many nursing and allied health professions in the UK. We are committed to helping address the balance and particularly welcome applications from male applicants.