The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2017. They should be used as a general guide.
We operate a flexible admissions policy – this means that you could receive a lower conditional offer than the typical offer, informed by our assessment of your complementary non-academic achievements and experiences. For courses that require interview or portfolio review, this may also be considered in the level of any conditional offer that follows if your application is successful.
All candidates must:
- Be working in a suitable health or social care environment (minimum 15 hours a week), have employer support and a guarantee of work-based supervision from an appropriately qualified work-based supervisor with a minimum of one year post-registration experience.
In addition candidates need to meet the following entry criteria:
- Either three GCSEs at grade C or above including English, and mathematics or a science subject
Or one of the following:
- One A-level in English, maths, science or social science
- BTEC National Diploma (pass) or Certificate (merit)
- Open University course in a health or social care-related subject such as SDK125
- Advanced apprenticeship in health and social care
- Subject-related NVQ level 3 (With key skills in mathematics and English)
- Candidates also should have evidence of study at QAA level 2 within the last five years.
- Other qualifications that have equivalence to the above will be considered by the course leader.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 6.0 overall (6.0 in writing)
How to apply
Download and complete the application form and reference form. Please note that failure to send references with the application form will delay or halt the application process.
Once you have completed the forms, you will need to send them via email to the addresses below: