(Digital) media theory, literary theory/history (esp. Virginia Woolf, Anglophone and European modernisms, and post-1850s receptions of Hellenism); deconstruction, ethics, ontology, feminism, mourning, narrative, nationalism(s), death, loss, and memory.
Current PhD supervision
1) Shai Kassirer (co-supervisor, completed) 'Media Analysis of Hydro-Policies for Climate-Resilience in Israel: Depoliticisation of Desalination Discourse (1990-2018)' (mediation of government policy, sustainability, resilience studies, neoliberalism, depoliticisation of public discourse) https://www.brighton.ac.uk/research-and-enterprise/postgraduate-research-degrees/research-students/shai-kassirer.aspx
2) Haelin Jun (lead supervisor – live ) / title: ‘North Korean Migrant Women’s Self-Mediated Femininity on YouTube, and its Cultural Capital in South Korea' (gender politics, digital self-representation) https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Haelin_Jun
3) Jack Maginn (lead supervisor – live) / provisional title: 'Iterations of Queerness: Adaptations of Virginia Woolf's Life and Work in post-1990 Cinema' (time, Woolf, narrative) https://research.brighton.ac.uk/en/persons/jack-maginn
4) Katherine Anthony (lead supervisor – live) / topic: Digital memes and the American Alt-Right post-Trump https://research.brighton.ac.uk/en/persons/katherine-anthony
5) Amelia Phipps (co-supervisor – live) / topic: A Critique of Adriana Cavarero’s Inclinations (gender and sexual politics, feminisms, Contintental philosophy).