The Student Fund has been created through charitable donations made by University of Brighton’s alumni and friends. It is providing grants of up to £200.
Eligible students can apply for funds to help with practical solutions to continue their learning, for example to pay for:
- extra data to create a wifi hotspot to access online learning;
- materials or equipment to safely continue practical projects at home; or
- essential learning materials or resources normally available via the university.
The fund is also providing grants for our health professional students who are working on the front line to support our communities during the coronavirus pandemic. It aims to fund practical solutions to any barriers preventing study or engagement in the government’s response. For example these students can apply for funding of up to £200 to help them to:
- travel to where they are need
- be equipped to work and
- cover other critical costs.
This fund is not available to help pay for rent or course fees.
The maximum award will be £200 per student and you can only apply once while registered at the university.