To apply for this programme you should be a trainee or early career teacher looking to further support your development through engagement with postgraduate study. Your application must be supported by a reference from a relevant person able to confirm your role within a school.
You should have either:
- secured a place on a postgraduate QTS-only route or
- recently qualified from a QTS route that does not include study at level 7 and be currently employed as a teacher. We are only able to offer a course for recently qualified teachers if there is enough interest to make the course viable – please contact us before making your application to avoid any disappointment.
In addition you will normally be expected to:
- demonstrate readiness and potential ability to study at masters level
- provide evidence of prior study at FHEQ Level 6, normally in the form of a good honours degree (lower second class honours or above) or equivalent
- be working in or have access to a relevant professional situation.
Once accepted on to a QTS-only programme, or having evidence of successful completion of an appropriate QTS award, individuals are eligible to apply directly to the university. Applicants may also be referred directly from a SCITT or equivalent.
Applicants who meet all of the entry criteria will normally be offered a place.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Claims for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) are not generally accepted due to the nature of the programme, however, please contact the university if you would like to discuss this as an option.