The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2019. They should be used as a general guide.
Degree and experience
You should hold a degree or professional qualification. You also need to have successfully completed an accredited, externally assessed counselling skills course that:
- is at least level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- involved at least 30 hours of face-to-face tuition at level 2 or level 3 (online courses are not acceptable)
- included both theory and practice
- took place within the last six years.
We would normally expect you to have gained experience in volunteering. This can be within a therapeutic environment or where you are working with people in a helping capacity.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.
We expect to offer 22–25 places for this course and hold a reserve list of four.
- Submit your completed application by 15 January 2020.
- Ensure that you accurately record any completed or pending qualifications – scan and attach your certificates.
- Provide two references – alert your referees that they should receive an email request and to check all email folders.
- Please note failure to provide the correct information may result in your application being rejected or delayed.
- Our admissions office reviews all applications.
- Complete applications meeting the entry criteria are submitted to the course tutor for review and selection.
- All fully completed applications received by 15 January 2020 will receive equal consideration. Candidates will be selected for interview based on the strength of their application.
- Applications received after this date may still be considered if we have vacancies on the course or for a place on the reserve list.
- Selected applicants are invited for interview from 1 February 2020.
- You will be asked to write a character sketch to bring to your interview.
- You will be interviewed by two course tutors.
- Successful applicants will be made an offer of a place on the course.
- You will be advised if this is a reserve list place – reserve places become available if a candidate needs to decline their accepted offer at a later date.
- Make sure you meet any conditions of your offer. This may include submitting evidence of the qualification you are studying.
- Pay the non-refundable £250 deposit to confirm your place on the course. This is required within one month of your offer being made or we may offer your place to another candidate.