A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBC–CCC (112–96 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DDM–DMM. You will be considered if your predicted grades fall within this range, but any offer will be made based on assessment of portfolio and interview.
Access to HE Diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 24 credits at merit or above.
GCSE (minimum grade C or grade 4)
At least English and maths.
May enable you to start the course in year 2 or year 3, subject to a review of your experience and portfolio.
A foundation diploma is not a requirement for entry – it is just one of a range of qualifications (for example, A level, BTEC or Access Diploma etc) that is accepted for admission to the course.
Studied before or got relevant experience?
A qualification, HE credits or relevant experience may count towards your course at Brighton, and could mean that you do not have to take some elements of the course or can start in year 2 or 3.
Applicants are expected to provide:
1. An online portfolio consisting of a showreel of their own compositions or sound works
This should have a duration of five minutes maximum and contain a selection of works demonstrating a good knowledge of musicianship, affinity for experimentation, awareness of related art forms, and an experience of working with sound/music related technologies.
2. One sample of writing relevant to the field
This can include (but not limited to) academic writing, a music review, a short report or example of creative writing.
3. A short statement which should:
– provide an overview of your musical background including instrumental and compositional tuition (if any), skills/levels and other interests within this context
– give your professional musical aspirations for the near future and explain reasons why you want to join this course.