A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBC–CCC (112–96 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DMM–MMM. Our conditional offers typically fall within this range.
26 points, with three subjects at Higher level.
Access to HE diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. Level 3 units in computing required. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 24 credits at merit or above.
GCSE (minimum grade C or grade 4)
At least three GCSEs, subjects must include English language and either maths or a science.
Studied before or got relevant experience?
A qualification, HE credits or relevant experience may count towards your course at Brighton, and could mean that you do not have to take some elements of the course or can start in year 2 or 3.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.0 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.
Applying for a place in 2020?
This course requires the submission of an online portfolio via our applicant portal. In this, we would like to see:
- examples of work that demonstrates how you develop ideas. The work can be in any medium or combination of media, for example drawing, typography, collage, photography, animation or video.
- evidence of personal work including drawing, use of type, collage, photography, and other mediums. It would be great to see how this reflects your personal interests.
- your ability to develop an idea from concept through to a finished project
- at least one sketchbook showing how you experiment and explore different techniques and media
- any completed moving image, animation or interactive work (best shown on Vimeo)
- several examples of your finished outcomes in either 2D design, illustration, animation or moving image if you have them.
- your potential to experiment and explore ideas, using different techniques and media
- a passion for image-making and design
We recommend using Flickr, Tumblr or making a pdf to create a simple portfolio and Vimeo or YouTube for embedding video. Please note that you do not need to show work that moves or interacts within a digital environment, as we will support you to develop that. At this stage we are looking for an exciting and creative portfolio and a genuine passion to learn.