A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBB–CCC (120–96 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DDM–MMM. Our conditional offers typically fall within this range. We are looking for highly motivated and creative students. We will consider you on an individual basis. Your portfolio is the most important and mandatory part of your application. If your predicted or actual grades fall below the range below but you can evidence your thinking, ideas and abilities through a high-quality portfolio we will still consider your application.
Art foundation diploma
Pass. A foundation diploma is not a requirement for entry – it is just one of a range of qualifications that is accepted for admission to this course.
Access to HE diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. Art and design courses preferred. At least 45 credits at level 3, and 30 credits must be at merit or above.
English language and maths at grade 4 or grade C.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 6.0 overall, with 6.0 in writing and at least 5.5 in the other elements.
When invited for interview you will be asked to bring a portfolio to show your work. We would like to see:
- Examples of work that demonstrates how you develop ideas. The work can be in any medium or combination of media (drawing, collage, photography, performance, video, text, etc.)
- Evidence of your potential to experiment and explore different techniques and media
- At least two sketchbooks
- One example of your writing
- Aim to arrive with time to spare
- The interview will normally be between yourself, two staff and one current student and lasts 20-25 minutes
- Show awareness and interest in contemporary art, artists and culture i.e. books, film, music
- The interview is a two-way process, so think of some questions to ask us!