A-levels or BTEC
Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBB–CCC (120–96 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DDM–MMM. Our conditional offers typically fall within this range. We are looking for highly motivated and creative students. We will consider you on an individual basis. Your portfolio is the most important and mandatory part of your application. If your predicted or actual grades fall below the range below but you can evidence your thinking, ideas and abilities through a high-quality portfolio we will still consider your application.
Art foundation diploma
Pass. A foundation diploma is not a requirement for entry – it is just one of a range of qualifications that is accepted for admission to this course.
Access to HE diploma
Pass with 60 credits overall. Art and design courses preferred. At least 45 credits at level 3, and 30 credits must be at merit or above.
GCSE (minimum grade C or grade 4)
At least English language and maths.
For non-native speakers of English
IELTS 6.0 overall, with 6.0 in writing and at least 5.5 in the other elements
When you come for interview you will be asked to bring a portfolio to show your work – this shouldn’t be expensive or highly developed but we would like to see:
- 15–20 drawings and ideas on A1 or A2 sheets, not mounted onto heavy card or in plastic sheets
- your ability to develop and carry ideas forward from concept
- your potential to experiment and explore ideas and techniques in 2D and 3D
- examples of life drawing and an awareness of the body as a site for investigation
- two working sketchbooks
- awareness of contemporary fashion.