The entry requirements listed here are our typical offer for this course if you wish to begin studying with us in 2020. They should be used as a general guide.
- You must have obtained a good honours law degree at 2:2 or above from a UK or Republic of Ireland institution. Non-law honours degrees will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants without a UK or Republic of Ireland degree must hold a qualification in law which is at least equivalent to a good honours law degree at 2:2 or above awarded by a UK university.
- If you can demonstrate relevant work experience your application will be considered on an individual basis.
- Prospective students without a degree in law will be required to successfully complete a pre-course module in Legal Systems, Methods and Skills.
- You must also display strong analytical and written skills and a motivation to study law.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and at least 5.5 in the other elements. Find out more about the other English qualifications that we accept.
International students whose language skills do not match the IELTS scores set out here should consider applying for this course through the Extended Masters programme at the university's Language Institute.